If you’d enjoy creating fashion-ready makeup for special occasions, proms, weddings, and runway shows, you’ll need a specific set of skills.
At an Empire Beauty School, you’ll learn how to choose makeup colors to complement each client’s skin tones, facial features and more. Through hands-on training, you’ll gain the techniques and confidence to apply colors, tones and shades that suit any client perfectly.
You’ll leave Empire Beauty School ready to:
- Solve clients’ complex makeup requests
- Apply tried and true out-of-the-kit makeup effects and techniques successfully and beautifully on most clients.
We also offer a specialized Makeup Program. You can learn how to:
- Create makeup applications for fashion, glamour, film, TV and theatrical shows
- Master hair texture concepts and create the haircut or style that will please you and your clients
- Provide nail services including manicures and pedicures, and esthetic skin care procedures
- Develop the marketing and communication skills to attract loyal salon clients and build your business through positive word of mouth
Our makeup program covers these areas and more:
Our educators will guide you through various techniques, developing your skills and encouraging your creativity. You'll have the opportunity to create a portfolio of your work from your mannequins and live models, and you'll have the business and marketing skills to take your career to the next level.
*Some programs may not be available in all schools.
The makeup program curriculum focuses on core concepts that you will need to succeed in the beauty industry. Click here to view important consumer information about this program.
Find A Makeup Program Near You
Makeup is included as part of the Cosmetology Program, which is available at all Empire Beauty School locations. The Manhattan School in NY offers a specialized program in makeup artistry with a focus on theater and film.
Love what you do
“We’re in charge of these people’s lives, how they’re perceived by everyone else and how they perceive themselves. It’s about being excellent every time with every client. We’re a lot more powerful than we give ourselves credit for and what we do in this world is such an amazing contribution.”