Beauty Career: What are YOUR goals for the second half of the year?Blog ▸ Beauty Career, Beauty Student Advice | July 10, 2012
As we turned the calendar on July 1st it is sometimes noted that this is the first day of the second half of the year. Usually the beginning of every year we make resolutions/goals of how we want the year to go but do we ever stop half way through to see how we are actually accomplishing them? Hmm… not sure if you accomplished any of them yet? Now is the perfect time to set new goals for the next half especially with back to school coming up, new fall trends and holidays.
Here are some goals you might want to consider for the second half of the year:
Tip: Write them down on paper and hang them in a spot that you will see everyday. The more you look at it, the more determined you will be to achieve them. Also, be specific in your goals so you know you will stick to it.
1. Back to School – Create a ‘Back to School’ sales and marketing plan for your salon. Specify exactly how much you want to increase your sales and make sure your whole staff is aware. Students are always looking for great deals and beauty tips before heading back to school.
2. Advanced Educational Class – attend a new class now on the upcoming fall trends so you are ready to give your clients the new and updated looks for the fall. Your clients will appreciate you more knowing that you are dedicated to staying up on the newest trends. Remember, in this industry education never stops.
3. Social Media – If you haven’t already, create a Facebook fan page for your salon. This is where you can really promote your salon… post pictures of your work, provide tips to your clients and also advertise promotions you have going on within your salon. This will help spread the word about the great service at your salon. Pinterest is another great site to share photos of your creative work and promote your salon. So many people go on this site to look for wedding and prom styles, new cuts and color trends.
4. Referrals - increase the number of referrals by a specific number. Increasing your social media presence will help you increase this goal.
5. Holiday Sales - it seems very early to start thinking about holiday stuff but in one of our last blogs we said you need to be 2 seasons ahead in this industry. Start thinking about how you are going to increase your holiday sales from last year.
Please share with us what are some of your goals for the second half of the year. What do you do stay focused on your goals?