Empire’s Future professionals Expo 2012
The Top 10 List
The Empire Future Professionals Expo has just wrapped up. While it is all still so fresh (and loud) in my mind I am sharing my top 10 list of the highlights of the weekend.
10. Great deals. The show floor was teeming with deals from manufacturers eager to see students and future salon professionals
9. Excellent networking. If you are a student approaching graduation from Empire this is a great place to meet salon professionals, ask questions and set yourself up for success. Who you know in this business can be more important that what you know. This is a great place to get to know the people you need to know to succeed.
8. Chocolate. There was plenty of chocolate. I would expect no less in this town. I had my fill… and then some. I even took some home. It will not last until next year but I will be back. Hershey will make more for me.
7. Competitions. The work showcased was amazing. Some of it as good as and better than what can be seen at professional competitions. The nail art is always stunning. The haircuts in the ladies division were inspiring. The men’s competition, which I was a big part of… I helped tweak the rules, I was a judge. There was more, better hair in the men’s competition than last year by leaps and bounds.
6. The Hershey Lodge team. Imagine your house being invaded by 2,000 cosmetology students. These guys handled it all with style and class. Great service and a great facility. Thank you for your professionalism. I look forward to coming back.
5. Energy. It was everywhere. How could it not be? Team spirit was evident in the school shirts worn by each locations represented students. Signs, posters, noise makers… the students pulled out all the stops.
4. Planning and co-ordination. The Katharine Frank team that executed the event always does a great job and this event was no exception. Everything ran smoothly. No issues, no glitches. Thank you Frankie!
3. Masters of beauty. The big winner was announced of the 1 year NYC Arrojo internship. This was a great contest and wrapping it up at the expo was a highlight for all. Not just for the winner. I am sure we have just begun to see great things form her.
2. Empire Educators. Chevrolet might be the heartbeat of America. Educators are the heartbeat of Empire. These dedicated professionals work so hard to see to it that Empire students are prepared to succeed. Kudos to the entire Empire educator team. Weather you made the trip to Hershey with your students or were back at the school holding down the fort you are the key to Empires success.
1. The Awards Ceremony. This is the most fun event of my entire hair show year. The energy, the excitement, the fun and all those prizes makes this a can’t miss event for the entire Empire world and the vendor and support community. Wow… they raised the roof. Even the MC did a great job.
The bar has been set VERY high for next year. Something tells me that there will be no problem for the Empire team to clear it. See you at FPE 2013!