Beauty Secrets: Why Use Dry Shampoo?Blog ▸ Beauty Tips | April 18, 2012
When you hear the word “Dry Shampoo” do you automatically think of nursing homes or hospitals? In the past, I am sure that is what we all probably thought of. Even though dry shampoos have been around for a long time, they have undergone a good beauty makeover in the past couple of years; new refreshing scents, volumizing agents and tinted formulas. So now they are pretty much a stapled product for most women.
Dry Shampoo is a powder substance that absorbs oils, excess grease and dirt with out having to wash your hair with water. There are two types – loose powder form or an aerosal (spray) form. All you have to do is sprinkle or spray it onto the scalp, massage the powder in to the roots of your hair with your fingers and then brush the excess away. This will leave your hair oil free, cleaner and fresher smelling.
Our Favorite Reasons to Use Dry Shampoo:
1. Overslept or busy morning. We have all had that type of a morning when washing and blow drying your hair is out of the question.
2. Make your blow out last longer. You love how your hair looks and you want to keep it for a couple more days.
3. Prolong the life of your color. Washing your hair everyday will cause your color to fade much quicker. Also, there are tinted dry shampoos out there to help cover your roots in between color services.
4. No Shower! If you are camping or traveling and don’t have time to get a shower but need something to keep your hair fresh. Or maybe this has happened to you…you wake up to find out that your water is dirty due to water main break. At least, you can still make sure your hair looks good!
5. Protect your hair. Washing your hair everyday strips your hair from its natural oils making your hair very dry and brittle. These natural oils help condition your hair to make it stronger and healthier.
6. After a workout! Want to get that quick workout in on your lunch hour but don’t have time for a wash and blow dry? Just spray your hair with the dry shampoo and it will absorb all the sweat and oils and leave your hair smelling fresh.
7. Add volume. Dry Shampoos are a great volume booster to limp hair. Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo is a good one to use for volume.
Do you use a dry shampoo? If so, what are some of your favorite brands?